As product quality and variety have improved, both in salon and at-home hair removal by waxing has become increasingly popular around the country. It is possible to get salon-smooth skin in the privacy of your own home and at the salon!
In the past, salons tended to use soft wax and strips to remove unwanted hair. While many still do (this product can be incredibly effective when used appropriately) today many salons and individuals waxing at home have turned to hard wax (in the form of beads, or pellets). This product not only eliminates the use of cotton strips but also is significantly less painful. It is easy for someone who is not a professional to use and the results are simply wonderful.
How To Use Hard Wax Beads
The process of using hard wax beads is relatively simple, thus their popularity. In addition to alleviating much of the pain associated with waxing, hard wax adheres to hair, not skin (thus reducing the number of ingrown hairs often associated with waxing). And, the temperature at which hard wax melts and is used is lower than that of soft wax; users don’t burn themselves.
Tips For Using Hard Wax Beads
Below we have shared a few things to remember as you embark upon your waxing journey:
- Invest: The best option is to use a wax warmer or pot. You can regulate the temperature of your wax to prevent it from becoming too hot. And, because the heat remains constant, the wax remains melted for a longer period of time, allowing you to finish your waxing session quickly.
- Gather: Make sure you have everything you need within arms reach. This includes a warmer or wax pot, sticks for application, and enough hard wax beads to cover the area on your body you are addressing. (There is nothing more frustrating than not having enough wax to finish the job!!)
- Prep: Wax adheres more effectively to clean skin. Take a minute to wash away surface oils and any products which you used. Taking the few minutes necessary to do this can make all the difference in the waxing process.
- Melt and Test: using your wax pot, melt the beads. And, test the wax before applying it to ensure it’s not too hot to handle!
- Apply: Apply the wax in the direction your hair grows. Make sure to use a thick application and work on small areas at a time. Do not apply wax to your entire leg at once!
- Work Fast: Wax beads go from melted to hard quickly. Once this happens, peel one edge up and remove the wax in a single movement. Continue this process until the entire area is hair-free.
These tips should make your experience using hard wax beads a little bit easier. As with most things, practice makes perfect. Consider starting with a smaller, easier to wax area and then expanding as your comfort level grows.
Also, as with all skincare products, it is wise to do a test, prior to larger applications, to ensure the product is appropriate for your skin type. You want to make sure you won’t have any adverse reactions.
Finally, keep in mind that high-quality products, particularly with regard to waxing, are key to keeping your skin smooth and irritant-free. Research them carefully and invest in the best.
At Nacach Wax we provide the highest quality hair removal wax products on the market. Our product line has been developed over years of experience and includes everything to fulfill your waxing needs. We invite you to visit our product pages and see exactly what we offer. And, should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at (866)460-1460. We look forward to speaking with you!